VanKirk Career Center Highlights
2018-19 was another busy and productive academic year for the VanKirk Career Center. Here are some highlights:
- More than 100 students and alumni completed a computerized or paper licensure practice test. Our 2018 licensed social worker passing score continues to be well above the national average.
- A wide range of community agencies eager to hire our graduates participated in the annual job fair, which 52 students and alumni attended.
- Nearly 120 students attended our career development workshops.
- 105 students and alumni received individual career development consultations.
Professional and Continuing Education Updates
The professional and continuing education area in the University of Pittsburgh School of Social Work is focused on providing licensed social workers with enhanced continuing education and elevated professional development programming. Stay tuned for some exciting new updates coming soon, including:
- courses offered in winter and summer,
- live and on-demand webinars,
- a new e-newsletter to stay connected, and
- a redesigned website to provide an improved user experience.
Along with these updates, our marketing and publication efforts will begin to move toward digital platforms, so make sure you’re familiar with the continuing education website (socialwork.pitt.edu/CE) and check there often for updates.
We look forward to seeing you at a training session soon!